There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self...Aldous Huxley
After a week of eye-opening leisure time, I've started this week with all new resolutions I hope to keep long term. Starting with...
- Get to work earlier and leave earlier. This doesn't necessarily mean a shorter day, but hopefully it means that I'm able to enjoy summer evenings at home.
- Eat better. Try to be more conscious of my diet and eat healthier. I'd like to lose weight, but more importantly, I'd like to stop eating so much energy-draining junk.
- Swim every night. Too often the summer goes by and I've barely used the pool. I'm two for two on this so far this week and I can feel it in my back and shoulders. It's great to do some laps and then shower and wash my hair afterwards. Very relaxing for bed time.
- Be more efficient with time. This also feeds number one, and may cause a slow-down in blogging as it was my number one procrastination vice. But today, I'm eating a healthy fruit salad and half bran muffin for lunch and blogging too.
- Make time for friends. Enjoyed a visit with Amybow and Kiki last night. This happens too infrequently and is usually tied to a rushed lunch at the local cafeteria. Instead, Kiki and I left the office at 4PM (amazing!) and enjoyed a nice dinner and visit with Amybow and her charming little ones.
- Enjoy minor victories. Instead of getting overwhelmed by the large and expensive projects that need to happen at home, enjoy little accomplishments. On Sunday I shelf-lined two corner cupboards. Not ALL the cupboards, just those two. In the process I discarded all the old topless tupperware (doesn't that sound like a great blog name? or maybe a famous stripper name?) stacked my platters so they didn't fall out when cupboard was opened, and organized the odds and ends that accumulate there.
We'll see if I can stick to these in the coming days and weeks.