Thursday, October 1, 2009

Alma Mater

Ok, so a truth about Wenderina. She is a college student...AGAIN. I'm halfway through my master's at Manhattanville College in Purchase NY. And really, except for the lack of hangovers, pizza/beer parties, and bunk beds. It's all about the same. It brings back moments of nostalgia, especially when I'm trying to find the most comfortable way to sit in those stupid chair/desk combos that are not meant for anyone over the age of 14.

This weekend though, my undergrad school was featured on Today. It was pretty fluffy, hokey, and all that, but just watching the shots of campus, how it is the same and yet so changed, seeing the sunset over the valley one more time, and hear the mention of my favorite sub shop, that just made my mouth water...yeah...nostalgia city.

4 comments:

DUTA said...

Good Luck with your studies!

Mama Lou said...

Thanks for this. I actually was watching a movie that morning so it was great to see the place again. It holds good memories for me as well.

Chelle said...

Cool! My mom told me about this.

Kate Hanley said...

Good luck with school! I'm not sure I could go back. I tried grad school once and we parted the closest of friends. Good to be back reading your posts. Loved the pin one. I wonder how many people do that - wear jewelry and such to display their mood or ideas?