Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hydrangea Heaven

After my last post...I needed a breath of air, so wandered out into my garden.  One thing you can say about the wet spring and hot summer we had is the hydrangeas loved it.  And I mean LOVED it.  After 7 years of waiting for the hydrangea bushes to produce...anything...this year they burst with abundance.

And I've determined to make that abundance count.  I asked around (cuz why research on the internet when you know gardeners with opinions you trust) and learned that the key to keeping dried hydrangeas is to wait until they begin to dry on the bushes.  And so I've waited impatiently for this perfect moment.  And despaired that hurricanes and drenching rains would ruin my chances....but mother nature smiled upon my garden aspirations and my home now looks like Hydrangea Heaven.




Eat your heart out Martha Stewart.

2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love hydrangeas! They grow so wonderfully in Coronado--whenever we go there I have my house I have to drive by to see theirs.

Jane- 2 of 7 said...

Your hydrangeas are gorgeous!
I have a hydrangea tree planted in 2008 that keeps getting battered each year. Irene did a number on it this year. I am beginning to despair that it will ever have a fighting chance.