Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Interrupt the VOTE VOTE VOTE Theme...

...to bring you this important message.

Our friend Cathy got married. Last night. On All Hallow's Eve. And it was simply lovely. She was simply stunning. Their happiness was palpable.

At 42, she is walking down the aisle for the first time, taking the plunge, believing in the fairy tale.

We were so happy to be there to witness it!


We even texted and sent photos to friends who couldn't be there as the bride watched!

And she repaid us with a rousing rendition of our college theme song - Meatloaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Lights. A cautionary tale for marriage to be sure, but sung at the top of our lungs all in fun.
"I've got to know right now! Do you love me? Will you love me forever? Do you need me? Will you never leave me? Will you make me so happy for the rest of my life, will you take me away, will you make me your wife? I gotta know right now! Before we go any further, do you love me? Will you love me forever??"


It is with humble appreciation that I watch this woman - fully-formed, independent, and successful, join her life to another fully-formed, independent, and proud soul, knowing that they must learn to share, to compromise, to serve one another first before themselves, and to grow together. I can't imagine the amount of change they will need the fortitude to commit to, but I'm sure Cathy has the willpower and the smarts, and most importantly the heart, to do it.


Best wishes Cathy and Mike on your new life together.
And just in case the willpower to cooperate and compromise breaks down, we all chipped in to get you a fine wine membership - two great bottles each month for the first year - which will help to grease the gears. Take it from three old married couples (one couple not pictured as they were home trick or treating!) it could help...and couldn't hurt.

We love you.

No comments: