Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Humble Thanks

HLM (Dad) 1926-2003


Today is one of the few days designated to remember the fallen and to thank those men and women who stand on a wall and take our national interests to heart and to arms.

Today is one of the many days that I reflect on how lucky I am to live in a country where my right to protest war is as protected by a person in uniform as is my neighbors right to support it.

Today is the day, with no sense of hypocrisy at all, I wore my peace symbol t-shirt while donating to the U.S. Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society in memory of my father and uncle, and in honor of their youngest brother - all veterans who served their country with a sense of duty and honor.

How did you thank a veteran today?

3 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

One thing about the blogosphere is that it provides plenty of opportunities to thank the men, women and families that protect us.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Navy Brat too. I didn't realized what a great thing for such a long time. It was just out life.

Yay for all the vets out there.

Jeremy said...

Thanks for coming by my blog the other day - I hope my comments helped. You really shouldn't feel guilty, although the fact that you do speaks volumes to the type of caring person you are.