Friday, July 17, 2009

New Mantra: I HATE PROCESS

So, our new merger partner is big on PROCESS. I recognize that a larger company (they have more than 14,000 worldwide, compared to our measly 1,800) needs to have standards of practice. In fact, given the fact that my job over the years has been more about constant reinventing of the wheel and starting from scratch than efficient decision-making, I've been a proponent of process. HOWEVER, there's process and there's PROCESS.


I spent more than 4 hours in the last two days with 6 people on conference calls to figure out our message to the marketplace. Correction, to figure out our recommendation to our Board of our message to the marketplace. By the end, we had created a weaker, undesigned version of a sample advertorial I did ALL BY MYSELF 5 weeks ago. This is not the efficiency I hoped to get from process.


Prudence stops me from saying much more. I mean even though my real name still doesn't link with this site or find me in a direct Google Search, there are enough pointers that I could be found by an internet savvy person.

This is all about growing pains, learning curves, and integration. This is all about understanding one another's businesses, methodologies, practicies. This is all about creating elbow room and new boundaries. This is all about PROCESS.

And did I mention my new mantra? Oh yeah, I HATE PROCESS.

3 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Here's hoping your PROCESS has lots of SYNERGY!

KiKi said...

I agree with Jen, so long as they are PROACTIVE synergies. It seems game plan here is to empower the team to generate a cross platform in response to your strategic gap analysis, creating a win-win situation.

Remember, at the end of the day, you are all striving to generate mission-critical, holistic action-items that are client-focused. So continue to think outside the box and use your knowledge base to be more result-driven and you will thereby achieve solutions for success.

KiKi said...

Or you can just join me in playing buzzword bingo.