Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Relief

So this is the 2nd Wednesday in a row (actually the 3rd if you count Christmas week) that I haven't been in the office. I love it. Last week I slept through most of it, but today, I ran errands (Home Depot and Lowe's are my 2nd home right now), hit the Dr. for a script of antibiotics to get rid of this chronic sinus infection everyone has, and spent a lovely three hours at the salon getting my hair highlighted, lowlighted, other-lighted?, and cut. I feel thoroughly relaxed right now, have only checked my blackberry once today, sending out a volley of replies which are sure to have generated more... and trying to motivate myself to work on my school assignment.

There is a chocolate layer cake in the oven (oops - beeper just went off...) needs 2 minutes more. And the house is smelling yummy. I have the fixin's for a nice spaghetti comfort food dinner with some fresh garlic bread and hubby is heading home any minute now.

Tonight we spackle walls, or maybe he does, as this school assignment just won't wait. The assignment is due Friday...which means I'd better get cracking on it if I don't want to be pulling an all-nighter tomorrow. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do the things I want to do, much less the things I need to do (i.e., job, sleep)

But I do have to say...two days on, a day off, two days on, two days off seems like a nice work schedule option. If only it could be an every week thing.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I have always enjoyed a work schedule which gave me a weekday off. Enjoy while you can.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Wouldn't that be a lovely schedule?