Monday, March 22, 2010

Pocket Money

Today I put on my raincoat for the first time since November 24th.  How do I know the exact date, you ask?  Well...because there were contents in the pockets to give me a clue.

In one pocket a receipt from the local grocery store for foil, pecans, salad, and roast chicken.  Spent about $28.45....but receipt was for $128.45...because in the other pocket was the $100.00 cash I took out that day.

That cash has been sitting in my pocket for 4 months, almost to the day.

Makes me sound rich, that I can take out $100 and not miss it, but I assure you I likely did miss it, but thought I had spent it somehow and so declined to spend $100 on other things.  What I am is a little clueless.  A little short on attention to detail. 

I often reach into a pocket and find a $5 or a $10 that was change from something and never made it's way back to my wallet, but $100....that's a new one.  That's real pocket money. 

Shopping anyone?

2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a nice surprise! Enjoy your "mad money."

A Slice of My Life said...

Great surprise. I usually just find the 5's or 10's and get excited if I find a 20.

Now get yourself something special!