Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Too many topics, too little time....


Promised I'd blog about my cat - so Shari can compare notes...so I'll start there. His name is C.K. Dexter Haven (I will give $50 bucks to the first person who understands that reference...)


ok...not really...but I'll be impressed.


He is a black cat, made spooky by the fact that he FREAKS out when anyone other than my hubby and I are in the house. No kidding. Like hissing, spitting, screaming, freaking out. Hard to believe he's the same cat that likes to curl up on us while we sleep but there you have it.

My best Dexter story is when we were selling our town house. Because he is SO anti-social, we would lock him in the basement whenever anyone wanted to see the place. We'd put up a sign and ask that people not open the door and promised if they were REALLY interested in the house, we'd find a way to let them see the basement area.

Comes time for the offer and inspection and the prospective buyers, realtor, and inspector are crawling around the house. I'm trying to carefully move the cat from one room to another without him scaring the bejesus out of everyone (honest, it is god awful freaky how he gets)...but no luck. As I'm carrying my screaming hissing clawing friend up the stairs I see an ARC OF CAT PISS shoot through the air and cascade down the wall.

NICE!

Wanna buy my place now?


Strange thing is...they did!

2 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

I love how the cat looks...alarmed.

Mrs. Booms said...

The Philadelphia Story???

Um, we have the same cat. Seriously. Only mine is named Lucifer John Rotten. Lou for short.

And he is black, obviously and has 6 toes on 3 of his feet (666) and 5 on the other.

He's a complete freakshow in the body of one little boogerheaded cat.