Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Mysterious Appeal of Freddie Prinze Jr.

Sometimes my hubby groans when I pick up the remote. Somehow I am inexplicably drawn to the most ridiculous teen romance comedy flicks.

This seems to be Freddie Prinze Jr. month.

This boy (actually now he's 31, so technically a man) has mysterious appeal. Most of his movies...well...they suck. He...well....he has no real dramatic range. But he's got this quirky smile and a strange and hypnotic charm.

I've been reading some blog posts recently that centered on secret crushes. I don't think I have one on Freddy. I mean he's simply too pretty and not enough depth. I need depth.

But there's something about him - maybe it's the eye candy thing...maybe its remembering his Dad and how sad his suicide was...

...maybe it's just me reliving my fantasy of being a blonde vampire slayer with a cheerleader body.




Whatever it is, I'm caught in it.

I've watched two of his movies in the last week, and I can't seem to look away. These car wreck movies that have no plot, no redeeming value, not even great co-stars can save them.
But this guy...he eats up the screen and captures my imagination. Wierd.

12 comments:

KiKi said...

Freddy. Prinze. Jr. Um... wow.
Secret crushes are *secret* for a reason.

I'm so not your friend anymore.

From now on, when you pick up the remote, know that I'm groaning too.

AmyBow said...

I agree with Kiki. I so did not picture his as your type. Not intellectual enough...small...too pretty. I picture you with a hankering for James Bond (Daniel Craig or Pierce Brosnan, thank you) or Viggo Mortensen.

I am not sure that I really know you. I mean Buffy?

Wenderina said...

Kiki/Amybow: Don't think less of me. It's obviously some horrible disease. My real secret crushes are Ed Harris, Tim Robbins, Andy Garcia, and the like. Really.

Mrs. G. said...

I love him too...he's just got that spark. I'm aging myself, but I used to love watching his dad on Chico and the Man.

Boogaloo Dude said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with crushing on a young, hot movie star. Really there isn't.

I did like his dad though.

Mrs. Booms said...

Funny, my husband and I were just watching a movie with his wife in it the other day and he said "She so NOT attractive." I actually think he's prettier than her.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that our kid sis is fine. She just hasn't blogged. She is a little stressed with school, but she's striving she's always been a little anxious. All three of us kids are really high strung that way.

So know she's good and I'm taking good care of her as well. She came over and kept me sane while preparing for T-Day. I'll get on her about blogging.

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm...

Viggo Mortensen...

Andy Garcia...

I have to go now.

Must...

Watch...

TV...

Unknown said...

I love Freddie too, although he's a generally mediocre actor. :)

Wenderina said...

Mrs G, wendy R, Aimee: validation -thank you!

Shari: thanks for update!

Stephanie: Viggo is a selective hottie - in some movies, very sexy, in others...not so much. But give me the LORD OF RINGS character and I'm head over heels.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I kind of liked his TV show. I was sad to see it go.

That Chick Over There said...

As a young child in the 1970's, I was addicted to the show "Chico and the Man". Which of course starred Freddy Prinze. I even, and no, I'm not kidding, read Freddy Prinze's MOTHERS BOOK about his suicide.

When I found out his son was an actor I was like, "WOO! WOO! CHICO'S SON IS AN ACTOR!!"

But yeah. Not so much.

Wenderina said...

Monk: welcome. Yeah I liked the show too...but I still can't tell you why. It really wasn't that good.

Chick: You are too funny (as usual). I remember Chico and the Man as well. Who would have thunk the Man would outlive hunky Chico?