Monday, September 29, 2008

There is Nothing Like A Dame

Went into NYC this weekend with family and saw South Pacific. Even though we sat in the last row of the Loge, the Vivian Beaumont Theater has great views from every seat, so it was still great.

I do have many many many issues with ticket brokers nowadays who have the gall to charge $230/ticket on a ticket with a face value of $75. Talk about economic stress! Don't you think making 100% profit (charging $150) would be enough? Believe me, if there was any other way to get 6 tickets to this Tony-award winning show, I'd be on it. But when people are traveling in to see it, you have to get them in advance.


Anyway, there IS nothing like a dame...especially when there are a bunch of good-looking, funny, talented sailors singing about her on stage.


And this guy? Matthew Morrison? He is Hot, Hot, Hot. I didn't even mind when his voice broke on a high note. It is cold season after all....


Bali Hai....will call you...where the sky meets the sea....


And there is no doubt in my mind that the right leading man won the Tony...Paulo Szot was wonderful from start to finish. I've been singing "Some Enchanted Evening" since we left the theatre 4 days ago.

2 comments:

Mama Lou said...

It was a wonderful day from beginning to end and will be one to remember for a long time.
I know the tickets were outrageous but for me it was all so worth it.
Thanks for making the arrangements.

Ian Lidster said...

Happy talk -- keep talkin' happy talk.