Saturday, January 10, 2009

Color Correction

Another snowy Saturday, another two hours at the salon, a much better result. I got back in my regular chair (with owner) and she said, "This is way too dark and dull for you, right? Why didn't you come back right away?" Finally. Someone who gets me. No one else seemed to see the difference. Or maybe they were too polite to say, "damn, your hair looks awful."

Lesson in taking care of your loyal customers.At the end she took my photo to add to the webpage they are developing (Yes, I am that gorgeous...but the pictures may not be) and she didn't charge me for the color.

The result: Not only did I come home happy, I came home and populated three sites on the web with positive reviews of the salon.

Men may never understand that it is harder for a woman to change stylists/salons than it is to change gynecologists. A bad gyno appointment only lasts about 5 minutes, a bad hair style can last for months and the trauma for years.

Am I wrong?

3 comments:

KiKi said...

No one else noticed the difference because you are stunning, regardless. And yet you didn't post a before and after pic... can't wait to see the new 'do!

Anonymous said...

Nope. Not wrong.

It's like buying a cashmere sweater that you *kinda* like the color of, but what really sold you was the 70% off factor. And then you don't like it, and feel guilty.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Important men in my life: Tied for #1--husbands and sons, #2--hairdresser, #3--chiropractor.