Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Shiksa is Back in the Temple

It's been more than two years since my last appearance.  But I'm back.  And as confused and befuddled as the service sometimes made me, I was equally moved by the tradition, the community and the moment of individual and family pride.

So here we are back in our hotel room recovering from the celebration and reflecting on how fast time goes.  As the song says, "Is this the little girl I carried, is this the little child at play?  I don't remember growing older...when did they?" 

 Hubby and I flank the girl of the hour       ...and hubby's brother and his baby girl.
 The Bat Mitzvah Girl                                  ....and her big sister.

All  I can say is Wow.  They grow up so fast.

3 comments:

mkosboth said...

That is a handsome family! Maztel Tov!

Susan said...

Congratulations to your family and the Bat Mitzvah girl!

Kate Hanley said...

Beautiful Pics! Maztel Tov!