Monday, November 24, 2008

My Hubby Always Puts It Right

H: "This movie came out like 10 years ago."
W: "Did it? Hard to believe it went that fast."
H: "I remember because I saw it when we were in Hawaii."
W: "How do you remember shit like that - where you were when you saw a movie."
H: "How do you NOT remember shit like that? We are the only couple from Suffern with a blockbuster membership in Kauai!"

Pause.

W: "How lame are we that we were on vacation in one of the most beautiful places on earth and we sought out this stupid movie and a blockbuster membership."
H: "We had plenty of Hawaii adventures W, and I'm too old to start having to justify doing what I like to do."
W: "Cool."

------

W: "I think it's funny that some people don't realize I'm neurotic, and getting nuttier every day."
H: "I don't think you are getting nuttier - and you and I are both neurotic."
W: "Yes, but while I feel like you are getting more confident and easygoing, I'm getting less so."
H: "Hmmm. Well, we're aiming for the right balance at all times."

------

W: (in the midst of bake-a-thon Thanksgiving 2008) "Almost done here babe."
H: "You're like the domestic goddess this weekend."
W: "Yeah well, I figure once a year I can summon up the interest."
H: (laughing) "Well don't overdo it, I wouldn't know what to do."

1 comment:

A's Mom said...

Wonderful conversations. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall that day. :)