Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Quote of the Week

A colleague forwarded an email notice of a coming webinar on Twitter.  I've not become a follower or subscriber of Twitter....yet.  I'm not anti-twitter per se...but holding myself to a 120 character limit would require either too much thought, or not enough thought, to make it worth my while.

In Advertising Age last week I saw a great quote:

"Google before you Tweet
is the new
Think before you Speak"

Of course the funniest thing is that when I sent back a reply to my colleague - who is a most brilliant person, I must say - I told her I was unable to make the webinar, but here's this great quote to use on the call if she liked.

She wrote back, "Okay, I am old…I don’t understand…does that mean Twitter is second to Google? Is there a Google blog or something that I am ignorant of?"

Sigh.

I know.  I know.  There is just too much cyber stuff for us all to keep up on. I admit sometimes when I read Greeblemonkey I think she is speaking in Martian or something.  Good thing there are about 100 webinars a week on cyber tools and social networking we can participate in to get up to speed.

1 comment:

A's Mom said...

I'm holding out on Twitter also. It's bad enough that I'm on FB, but usually only get one once in awhile. Not like some people who text to it.