Tuesday, December 11, 2007

100 Things

Following tradition - here's my 100 things on my 100th post.
(If you have time - click on image at right to view in real size)
  1. I'm 40...

  2. for another month


  3. I've lived in NY state my whole life

  4. early years - Rochester


  5. college years - Geneseo;

  6. post college years - Rochester, Wappingers Falls, Monsey, Nyack, Monroe, Suffern.

  7. I used to play piano

  8. I guess I still could if my life depended on it


  9. but not well


  10. I used to go to church


  11. I used to sing in the choir


  12. I don't like church anymore


  13. actually I don't like religion anymore


  14. I still have faith


  15. I LOVE MY HUSBAND


  16. was that really the 15th thing? It should have been #1!


  17. He met me when I was 19 - he was 20


  18. I totally did NOT want to get serious


  19. He totally DID


  20. We totally fell in love


  21. Crazy and engaged at 21


  22. Crazier and married at 22


  23. Still crazy and still married at 40


  24. I'm the baby of the family


  25. I have 4 older brothers and sisters


  26. They are actually half-brothers and sisters


  27. Dad was married before


  28. Two of them are awesome


  29. One is a bit nutty


  30. One is .... I have no words


  31. My father passed away in 2003


  32. I miss him every day


  33. My mom is still very much alive


  34. We have a deep and abiding love/angst relationship


  35. I have no kids


  36. by choice


  37. I love my friends' kids


  38. I love the kids in my family


  39. I don't want them full time


  40. Luckily Hubby feels the same


  41. I seduced hubby in a drunken haze


  42. Thank God

  43. I rarely drink now


  44. But when I do - it's some form of cosmo-martini thing


  45. mostly cuz they are pretty


  46. and they taste yummy


  47. I'm a diet pepsi addict


  48. I also love all things junk food


  49. I was an English major in college


  50. I love to read


  51. I had to change majors because my average in my accounting classes was about 40%


  52. My roommates liked to grade my tests because we would laugh hysterically

  53. We could go for multiple pages before I got a single right answer


  54. It was so sad, it was funny


  55. I still keep in touch with most of my roommates


  56. They are cool chicks


  57. I am glue


  58. by this I mean - I tend to keep various people connected


  59. I bring them together for reunions, weekends, dinners, etc.


  60. Otherwise they'd never see each other again


  61. I think (hope?) they like that about me


  62. I often feel like a scatter brain


  63. I have very little memory capacity


  64. My mom says its because of Aspartame poisoning


  65. I'm currently enrolled in college again


  66. This time for my masters


  67. I love/hate it - but as of today (one class in) I have a 4.0!


  68. One of my favorite books is Prince of Tides


  69. Pat Conroy can write, my friends


  70. My current favorite movie is Love Actually


  71. Feel good, sweet, great accents, terrific score


  72. I am a procrastinator...


  73. That's why I work well under pressure


  74. I try to make my co-workers put me under pressure early


  75. I'd love to write a book someday


  76. I'm not convinced I have the drive to start and/or finish


  77. I'm still waiting for my 15 minutes of fame


  78. I fear it will be in a "fashion don't" feature in the local news


  79. My anxieties are many (hence the blog name)


  80. But I cover them up pretty well


  81. My friends get to hear them though


  82. My husband knows them all intimately


  83. He still loves me

  84. Thank God


  85. I can be pretty tough to take sometimes


  86. Bitchy, whiney, difficult


  87. I save all that up for the people who love me most


  88. I love chocolate layer cake


  89. But in a pinch a ding dong will do


  90. I'm a night person


  91. I feel like going to sleep early is like giving up...something


  92. which is why I can never get up in the morning and get a late start every day


  93. its a vicious circle


  94. I like my job


  95. mostly

  96. I love the people I work with

  97. mostly


  98. Did I mention I love my husband?


  99. and he loves me?


  100. Thank God

Whew! Glad that only comes once every 100 posts.

6 comments:

KiKi said...

Great post - I loved learning more details about you between chuckles. Seriously? You are an amazing woman. Proud to know ya.
Here's to another 100 posts.

Melissa said...

OMG - Pat Conroy, Love Actually and Aspartame poisoning? I think I have found my long-lost sister!!!

A's Mom said...

Happy 100 postings! Hope I can make it there too!

Mrs. G. said...

Congrats on 100 posts. That's pretty cool...so are you.

Mrs. Booms said...

Did I ever tell you that I lived in Rochester???

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Been a busy little blogger, haven't you?