Sunday, December 9, 2007

Feeling Uninspired

My husband is an artist (by desire) and an IT manager (by necessity). He's excellent at both. Sometimes he talks about how he is uninspired and that painting when he feels that way is sometimes necessary, but often a disaster.

I've been feeling that way about blogging this week. Not feeling depressed, sick, angry, or in any other way down and out. Just not inspired.

In an attempt to get inspired, I started searching for a topic. I read other blogs, I listened to the radio, I searched my soul. Yeah. You guessed it. EMPTY. (mostly the soul - not my favorite blogs!) At least empty of topics that I felt I could own for myself. Also, I noticed a few of my favorites had deserted their sites, so I updated my blog roll. Do you think they were feeling uninspired as well?

So, be patient with me, I'll keep searching.

In the meantime, maybe you have a question for me that can at least get my fingers clicking on the keyboard again in some forward momentum. Ask away.

2 comments:

Catch Her in the Wry said...

OK. Here's a list:
1.Name 8 things you're passionate about.
2. Name 8 things you'd like to do before you die.
3. Name 8 things you say often.
4. Name 8 songs you love to hear over and over.
5. Tell us one really embarrassing moment you had.
Now you have five more posts until something better comes along.

KiKi said...

I like the 8 things idea - maybe it'll inspire you to write 5 new entries. I hope so, you've been missed man!!