Sunday, February 17, 2008

More Brisbane Sights.

After another day (Saturday) of wandering around and seeing sights like...



Equestrian Police Prancing on the Lawn

Saturday diners in South Bank cafes.

A cultural photo journal contest



Large screen showing of sports and movies in outdoor stadium.





And hey...isn't that Pippi Longstocking's long-lost brother????


I enjoyed some time by the pool and started "A Thousand Splendid Suns" - which so far is excellent. Then I cleaned up for Saturday Night in Brisbane. Since no one has been traveling with me to take my photo amongst the sights...I stretched my arm out and took one.


Remind me to work on that double chin when I get home.

I met a colleague in our lobby.

Hope no one suffers from vertigo. This is the view down from the hallway outside my room.


And we dined by the river - at a great seafood restaurant where I had wok-seared calamari (a first for me - not smothered in batter), and then got my fry fix with a local treat of fish and chips made with lightly breaded sea bass.

On the way back we got this photo of the bridge at night.


And I got this pic from my room window.


Today - more adventures. This time a local winery for lunch, tastings, and a little jazz. Then dinner with the team. Stay tuned for more from this exciting travelogue.

5 comments:

KiKi said...

That is a great picture of you! Jes mahvuhles...

I wish I could've seen the cultural photo journal contest in person - pretty cool, seems right up my alley.

RE: Pippi's brother... lmao

That Chick Over There said...

I really like your hair.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You are a fox my little literary globe hopping friend.

Boogaloo Dude said...

You call that a double chin? Bitch, please.

Stephanie said...

I'm. So. Jealous.

And seriously? Great pic. I'm with Wanda... :)