Friday, January 1, 2010

Announcing "Yellow Cottage Chronicles"




I'll still be here - but I wanted a project...something that I would hold myself accountable to, something that would chronicle my trials, tribulations, and checkbook through a year of getting my house in order...literally.

I am one of the most ungifted undomestic people you could ever meet. I live with HGTV envy and spend way too many hours thinking about, discussing, and gazing at home makeover materials. But too little of my time has generated any action. Let's see if I can make a change.

The site itself is still undergoing some construction...I want it to evolve to have some features, some photo galleries, a punch list of projects, a shopping list, a bank account to show my investment levels, etc. I'm working on an organized label list that will help you see the house as it develops room by room. Kiki (formerly of Good Intentions blog) is helping me with the design elements, but we're in no rush. It's like all the other home improvement projects...all in good time, and after suitable planning and shopping for options.

Hope you come join me - I have free stuff to give away too! Check out my first FREEcycle post coming on January 4.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Sounds a bit ambitious.
I am looking forward to your inspiration. I hope your experiences will give me some ideas and I will get over my inertia. Good luck and Happy New Year!

michiganme said...

Hey, this is a great idea! I need the inspiration & focus too. I get paralyzed when I think of everything that needs to be done.

I like the idea of starting in a bedroom where there's no connecting room that you have to take into account. (And you don't have to worry about how dreary the 'madeover room' will make the adjoining area look in comparison either.) It's all about building momentum! MIME

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You know what has always amazed me? How we did sooooo much stuff in the first couple of years after we moved in (with all manner of small child underfoot) and then we stalled.

Though I will say we seem to get one middling size project a year done.

Anonymous said...

Such an exciting project! I can't wait to see what you end up doing. Hopefully it will rub off and I'll end up doing some projects as well.

Susan said...

Looking forward to some vicarious home improvements.

Lay said...

I tried to comment on your new blog but it is not allowing me space to type in the word verification... Just wanted to give you a heads up. I saw you did the test but it still wouldnt let me!