Sunday, December 9, 2007

8 Things....I say often

Thanks to Prairie Gourmet for the assignment to get me through the uninspired patch!

Eight Things...I'm known to say often:

  1. "Does that make sense?"
    I feel that I explain...a lot...and sometimes the blank looks or lack of response I get from people causes me to require an affirmative response. It's not just that I am checking on them, it's that I need confirmation that I am making sense.
  2. "I'll be right up."
    My husband tends to go to bed at a reasonable time. I am loathe to give up (for whatever reason I see it as a battle - a battle for time, a battle for FREE time) and go to bed. Hubby must, by habit, doubt my word as he too often finds me asleep on the couch later that same night.
  3. "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown"
    Hubby is Charlie Brown...I've mentioned that before. He does kind things, good things, for people - especially me and our family - so many a day I quote this phrase to him, to let him know that I notice.
  4. "FU$*!"
    I say this A LOT. I picked up the bad habit in early years and now it is a common part of my every day language. No other word tends to bring the same emphasis - good, bad, ugly, sad, happy, humorous...the word has so many iterations.
  5. "Have You Seen X, Y, Z?"
    I constantly lose things. Little things, big things. Keys. Papers. Shoes. Gloves. Whatever was last in my hands as I walked from room to room. Lost. All. Lost. Found only when no longer needed. (This is also I time when I refer back to quote Number 4).
  6. "This morning on NPR..."
    I am continuously informed and entertained by NPR. It is a regular part of my morning diet. I awake to it at 6AM, and listen to it until I get to work at 9AM. After 3 hours I have lots of information to share.
  7. "I Give Up"
    I never actually do, but I say this often. Usually in response to utter frustration in dealing with SFPs. (Stupid F-ing People). When people clearly don't get it (see quote in Number 1) after repeated explanations and what I think is clear logical thinking...I get very frustrated. I sometimes resort to Item 4, then Item 7, then Item 4 again...before I count to 10 and start over.
  8. "Do You Love Me?"
    Hubby is not a typical stoic male. He is very free with telling me how he loves me. So my asking this is not a starvation for affection and affirmation, rather it is a phrase that often precedes..."will you get me a drink?", "will you go down and bring up the laundry", "will you go to the store and pick up...", etc. Shameless I know. Hubby has actually given up responding with a "Yes" to this question. Instead he responds with, "What do you need?". I guess my ploy is a little played.

Whew. I feel like I just passed a kidney stone. Hopefully I can continue to work my way through this writer's block with the help of these little assignments.

Stay tuned!

6 comments:

KiKi said...

YES!!! Sheee's back. All is well in my world again.

Catch Her in the Wry said...

Good job, Wenderina! Keep it up.

Melissa said...

Hey, Thanks for the Linky-love! Number 4 is one of my personal favorites...

Boogaloo Dude said...

Um...what does "FUS*" mean? Please don't yell at me!

Wenderina said...

Kiki- like you don't get enough of me ALL.DAY.LONG!!

Prairie Gourmet - thanks for getting me jump-started again.

Melissa - absolutely. I freaked out a little when I thought I'd lost you when NaBloPoMo went missing on November 30. As soon as I saw it come back up I grabbed your site and linked it. Whew!

Wendy R - don't play dumb with me girl. I use the language constantly, yet my conservative upbringing makes me loathe to actually type it out in black and white. (Plus I might draw some of THOSE types of readers...)

Unknown said...

1, 2, 3 and 5... totally me! 1 for all of the same reasons. 2, tweaked a little because the master bedroom is on the main floor - I say "I'll be right there." 3, I say that all the time to My Hubby. And 5 - I think I'd lose my head some days if it weren't attached.

Loved the list.