Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Flakes on a Plane

Tonight I flew to Dallas. There were Flakes on the Plane. The title was easy to come up with because one of them kept yelling, "I'm Samuel L. Jackson!! I talk Real Loud!! There are Snakes on This Plane!!" Ugh. Long. Freakin. Flight.

And the meal? Stellar as always. Nuked Cheese Pizza Circle. Ruffles Potato Chips. Snickers Bar. Diet Coke. They must have gotten this menu from the local school cafeteria.

Out the window. Nothing but clouds and blackness. Except this wierd section where there was this bizarre multi-colored glowing below us. UFOs? Probably not. Probably just a massive city burning up the ozone layer. It was diverting though...you know...from the Flakes.

My reward? The Westin. Ah. The Westin. My favorite hotel chain. Best beds in the world (and according to the in-room brochure, you too can have this quality sleep experience at home for only $3645!) quick and easy internet access, beautiful artwork, SWEET bathrooms, flat screen tvs, Starbucks coffee in room, king size bed, NON-smoking hotel, M.I.N.I.B.A.R.!!!!! AND? mini-Haagan Dazs ice creams - cuz I obviously didn't get my daily recommended quantity of fat with the in-flight meal service.

I may actually enter the meeting tomorrow morning with a smile. Thank you Westin.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely ADORE the Westin. I'm off on a business trip next week and will NOT be staying at the Westin, much to my chagrin. I can only hope the beds are mostly comfortable. But I will definitely enjoy the solitude... and not having to share!

Hope it's a great trip for you.

A's Mom said...

Is the minibar included in the room price?? Good things you're not paying for this, huh??

Mrs. G. said...

I haven't been on a plane for so long, and your description doesn't inspire me to get on one any time soon. I'm afraid to fly, actually.

Have a safe trip home and enjoy the Westin...raid the heck out of that mini-bar.

Wenderina said...

Stephanie: Don't you just wish you had $4k to spend on that bed suite? Of course keeping all white egyptian cotton sheets clean requires a LOT of bleach.

A's Mom: No. Minibar's are never included, but expense accounts are awesome.

Mrs. G: Just think in a couple months I'll be experiencing 23 hours of flight to get to Sydney Australia...oh yeah...then another 23 back. Ugh.

KiKi said...

I'm Samuel L. Jackson... bwahaaaaa