Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Seeking the Perfect Beach House

After 7 years of returning to the same little beach shack I'm so totally done. I love Cape Cod, but last year escalated our issues with the little shack from ant infestation to mice infestation. And while the couple who owns the house is lovely and sometimes takes us sailing, it is no longer enough for me to overlook the bathrooms that stink to high heaven, the millions of ants on every surface of the kitchen, the mice and the mousetrap tasks (when I'm paying over $2000/week to be there). There must be other options.

I spent most of my evening on http://www.cyberrentals.com/ filtering through properties that suit all of our needs - must be waterfront (we've been spoiled by that), preferably on Cape Cod Bay side (Nantucket Sound is too rough), and have at least 4 bedrooms that can suit the needs of 5 adults and 2 kids. I found some decent options...but I'm just throwing it out to the blogosphere in case anyone has a rich widow aunt who would love us to stay at her mansion on the beach and just isn't advertising it. If you've got a tip, jot me a comment and I'll get in touch.

In the meantime, Christmas and work are monopolizing my time...so blogging pace has slowed. I'll try to pick it up better next week.

To entice you to keep reading, I'm announcing some future topics that have been rolling around my brain.

A Face Made for Radio
Penguin Craziness
Least Favorite Christmas Gifts - the In-Law Series
Winter Reading List
G'Day Brisbane
New Years Resolutions I Will Attempt...Again
Best Post Titles EVER

...not necessarily in that order.
Stay tuned!

2 comments:

KiKi said...

Hey, I'll rent you a 2bdrm apt for $2000 bucks/week. It can easily accommodate the adults and kids because it has beaded room dividers and air mattresses.

Ocean view? Well you can see it pretty good from the roof.

Let me know if you're interested.

Mrs. G. said...

Oh, honey, I wish I had some rich aunt. I think the best I could do would be my mom's garden shed in Vancouver, Washington. Let me know if you're interested.