Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Egg Roll Mania

My hubby makes KICK ASS egg rolls. So much so, that I cannot bear to eat egg roll from any Chinese restaurant anywhere. I requested this delicacy for our New Year's Eve, and it is a treat considering there will only be four of us to dine...

Normally Hubby requires at least a party of 8 to make this yummy stuff up. But I'm not quite sure if it is an effort issue, a quantity issue, or just a fear that should he make it for just us we will gorge ourselves on these fattening fried scrumptious treats every week.

So here is a step-by-step for you to enjoy.
You start with our well-worn recipe book.




And you do a lot of shopping and chopping - the Asian food aisle was my friend tonight. The cutting board and good knives were hubby's.

Then you stir-fry it all together just right.

And store the filling overnight in the fridge.

This wok? It's not dirty...it's SEASONED.


Tomorrow I'll show you the finished product. And you will SO wish you were here.

2 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I already wish I was there.

Minnesota Matron said...

ADORE egg rolls. Will try to replicate. Or move in?