Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm in iPod touch

Alternate titles for this post:
iPod touch myself
In Touch with my iPod
Don't iPod touch
---


So I'm joining the iPod generation...but Hubby did not just get me a little Nano or some older model iPod. No, I have the new iPod touch, which near as I can tell does everything but wash windows. I really just wanted something to play my music that was more portable than my laptop, but hey, I'm not complaining.


I have had iTunes on my laptop for a while - all the songs burned from CDs I already owned, so no licensing or purchasing needed. But now I have the itch...because not only can my new iPod touch play music, it can play TV shows! Movies! books! I need some free access to these kinds of files. I'll be checking out (no pun intended) my local library website later tonight...but I know there is more out there.

I've already raided my favorite NPR website for podcasts - another new one for me (I'm so behind) - but I'm looking for some ideas on other people's favorite podcast sites....any topic, any type will do...as long as it is FREE.

I'm not looking for licensing infringement, just honest sources of free content. If you have any ideas, let me know!

I have a 6.5 hour flight (each way) coming up in 2 weeks...I'm looking for some free and portable entertainment folks. Help me out.

1 comment:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You're already way more knowledgeable than I am. I just have the music the kids put on it for me.