Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Top Ten List

The Top TEN benefits of staying late at work.
  1. Total quiet
    Except for the little reassuring hum of the few machines and systems that run all night
  2. No phone ringing.
    Halle-freakin-lulah
  3. No email buzzing.
    Glory Be to the Goddess
  4. No IM popping
    Can it be I'm really alone??
  5. Time to GET SHIT DONE!
    When you are of the "meeting crowd" like I am - honestly, there are rarely meetings held that I'm NOT invited to - the day fills too quickly
  6. Guilt-free internet browsing
    Did you know West Side Story opens on Broadway on Feb 23? Gotta go!
  7. Guilt-free blogging
    Like, Right Now Dude.
  8. Did I mention quiet?
    You don't even realize how much you are bombarded with noise until it is suddenly gone.
  9. Vending machine food
    And the ability to justify eating it because it's late and the only source of food.
  10. No (less?) traffic for the ride home.
    If only they didn't close the bridge to one lane for overnight construction...sigh.

3 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

You convinced me at less traffic. I'm all for it.

Rhea said...

Oh, I enjoy guilt-free Internet browsing all day. I just don't care!

KiKi said...

I'm telling.