Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Struggle, Part 1

I'm really struggling to come up with what to say this week. Must be the post Thanksgiving mind numbing from too much turkey, too many carbs, and too much pie.

Primarily, over the last few days, I've been wondering where the hell I'm going with this blog.

I continue to suffer from feelings of inadequacy when I read the blogs of others. Ian and his inexhaustible columns on interesting topics, Chick and her heartfelt and entertaining everyday family life, Stephanie (no link cuz she password protects) and her spellbinding Law & Order in the custody courts tales, Amybow and A's Mom with their young mother trials and joys. Mrs. G. and her 100+ comment-worthy photojournalism posts. Hubby and his photos and paintings and artist's ruminations. Jenn and her totally FUNCTIONAL family that is so endearing despite all their cheerfulness and normalness (you'd think you would hate them, but you don't).

I know. I know. Before you even say it. Everyone feels that way. Everyone is always more critical of their own "talent" than they are of others.

Maybe it isn't really the blog. Maybe I need a life makeover.

[Stay tuned...the Struggle will likely be a multi-part series...]

7 comments:

Chelle said...

I had a dry spell too I am sure things will pick up
believe me a drama free life is better than the alternative!

Mrs. G. said...

And here I am over here admiring your badass traveling, working woman superhero powers.

We all have slumps. Fuggeddaboutit

Pat said...

It must have been your delicious pies and all those carbs. You'll notice I can't think of an interesting thing to write, either. I'm sure something will happen and spark your creativity. I hope it is something good, though!

Jodi Anderson said...

Over the 6+ years that I have been blogging, I have hit a lot of slumps and/or blog-indentity crises.

Like, every day.

That's why I have three different sections to my blog, although most people don't realize it (in addition to the main page, I have a photo blog and a video blog).

No matter what, I'm always interested in your posts.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Yours is one of the blogs I've stuck with from the beginning--I couldn't put it better than Mrs. G.

KiKi said...

Your blog is great. I love your writing style and your stories are always lively and engaging. You always make me feel what you're writing about and usually bring a smile to my face. Keep it up! PLEASE.

Stephanie said...

Seriously... what Mrs. G said.

I think you rock. I think your posts are inspirational. And that last one? With the fifth cutest kid on earth? LOVED it.