Sunday, October 21, 2007

Eggs, Anyone?

Today was a red letter day for me. I finally managed to successfully fry (edible) eggs.

Now, for those of you out there with culinary talents - bite me.



Until now, I've only managed scrambled. Turns out these two things are key:

1. Cooking on Low
2. Patience

{Note: when I shared this triumph with hubby he declared, "Well, you've never cooked with THOSE ingredients before, have you?" Very amusing.}

Who knew? I've always been a burner or microwave on high and let 'er rip kind of chef. Hence my propensity for overcooked/burned/dry food...and the local pizza parlor on speed dial.

How, you may ask, did I finally crack (no pun intended) the egg mystery? Well - I actually opened a cookbook...two to be exact. Now while my hubby cooks excellent food from gourmet recipes and has some vintage books as well...I have two mainstays.



1. Cooking for Dummies
2. Where's Mom Now That I Need Her?

Today's results - a yummy fried egg sandwich on french bread...mmmmm mmmmm good. And a good sense of accomplishment to start my day.

1 comment:

A's Mom said...

Isn't it funny how the little things in life always make the biggest difference??