Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Whine Alert

I'm having one of those days.

I can hear the 2-year old inside me whining, "I don't wanna, I DO NOT WANNA!!!!" with every task I come across. The 40-year old exterior is working with it - being diplomatic, trying not to snap people's heads off when they interrupt me or do something stupid, trying not to dissolve into frustrated tears, etc.

But the 40-year old is tired and really wants to whine.

I DON'T WANNA!!!

The "too much-to-do" syndrome is really getting old.
The whining in my head is also getting old.

[deep breath and count to 10]

Okay. 40-year old is taking charge of 2-year old again.
I will get to the end of this day with some sense of accomplishment and organization ... somehow ... maybe my itunes will drown out the whine.

1 comment:

Rhea said...

I've never experienced that. But I do feel like I'm 24 although I'm 49.