Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Raise Your Hand If You're Compulsive Like Me

Ok. I am facing up to some serious psycho issues in my life. I've noticed a huge increase in compulsive behavior.

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT???

Now, I've always worked too many hours...but it has been on the rise lately. (FYI - Picture at right is NOT me, but is my feeling of work and attitude lately!)
And also? I can't seem to go to bed at night ...I find myself unable to turn off the tv no matter how awful the program is that I'm watching. Then, I've been eating at 10 times my normal speed. Like I eat a BAG of m-n-ms in like 2 seconds flat. What is UP with that?

And blogging?? - forget it ... I am addicted to the daily post...and of course I have to read umpteen other blogs while I'm on line. I noticed that there is a movement for those people interested in writing to join a blog (NaNoWriMo) that challenges people to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. Now, this is very appealing to me, but come on! I work 60 hours a week, I've outsourced everything possible at home (yardwork, housework, hubby is chef and handyman, hubby also has kick-ass career now too so we are hardly ever home), and I'm going to school for my master's ... I really DO NOT have time to write 50,000 words in 30 days ... do I???

Moderation has moved from being something I strive for, to being something I can't even define. Time is flying by and I'm totally without balance. I need some structure and some limits (like a 2 year old) and someone to STOP THE INSANITY.

I'm afraid if I don't start taking some control back I will become a crazy-eyed insomniac workaholic with a severe weight problem and an addiction to Prilosec.

Now if only I could become a compulsive work-out addict ... something that had an upside or a benefit to my wellbeing...

1 comment:

Mrs. Booms said...

Girl, you need a breather... in a serious way... I'm with you on a few of those things...

Maybe you and hubby should take a weekend devoted to nothing but recharging and just being (together).