Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Face Made for Radio

When Channel 12 launched a news station focused on our immediate tri-county area (normally we only get NYC news), we were thrilled. Their slogan - "as local as local gets". They cover high school sports, regional colleges, community activities, small town crime, and all news of interest you can't usually get when NYC crowds out all but the biggest stories in the area.

I'm also all for people being hired for their qualifications rather than their appearance. But I guess I'm so conditioned to seeing t.v. journalists who are...well...attractive...that these people were really shocking to my system.


I do, however, want the name and phone number of their portrait photographer (or touch up artist) who made each of them look SO good on their website portraits.

7 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Holy feck, when did extra's from "The Night Of The Living Dead" get to do the news?

KiKi said...

BWWHAWHHAAAAA... and here I was, thinking I was alone in my secret evil thoughts whenever I watch that news broadcast.

A's Mom said...

Can you say make-up?? You weren't kidding about how they really look on tv!

AmyBow said...

Aside from News12, have you ever seen Joe Nolan, the traffic guy for one of the nY stations. He also does traffic on PLJ. It isn't that he is unattractive - he is a schlump - wrinkly, tie askew, bedhead...At least the people on News12 pretend to be professional.

Oh, and I want someone to photoshop me on a daily basis.

Boogaloo Dude said...

I just love the title of this post.

Mayhaps if the lady got her hairstyle updated she wouldn't be so bad.

Mrs. Booms said...

Ha ha, they are as local as local gets, eh?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

This reminds of the time I interviewed a Realtor I found through a flyer. I was so baffled when she introduced herself. Surely there had been a mistake--there was no way the woman I was looking at was the same woman in the photograph. There's touching-up and then there's WTF, who are you?!