Thursday, January 24, 2008

Welcome Fans of Derfwadness!

I'm happy to welcome anyone today who is coming by way of Mrs. G. at Derfwad Manor. She was kind enough to host me today on her guest spot - Slow Cook Thursday.

I met Mrs. G. through my journey through NaBloPoMo in the Women Over 40 group she created. We've been fast friends ever since.

My other post today is my one and only solicitation post...so I just wanted to insert this little disclaimer here. I'm not into blogging to make connections to fund my own little pet projects, it just so happened that my favorite sister was looking for help for her class on the very day I was expecting an influx of links because of "The Power of Derfwadness".

So, if you're interested in checking out a good cause, read my next post. If not, that's okay too. Skip on through my earlier ramblings. Hopefully you'll find something that connects with you.

Because that IS the reason I blog. To wrench crap out of my overly crowded brain, share my observations and feelings (aka crap) with people who enjoy my quirky sense of humor, my abundant sentimentality, and my occasional bitchy remarks. And then I get to find others like you and enjoy your nuttiness, joys, sorrows, and hopefully some equally bitchy remarks.

Cuz I hate to be the only bitch in the room.

11 comments:

aaryn b. said...

i'll be a bitch with you.
;)
thanks for stopping by my neck of the internets woods and, more so, for the compliment on my last post. i can hardly wait for mrs. g to put up your "slow cook" madness. what is taking her so long???

Claire B. said...

Don't worry about being the only bitch in the room. There are plenty of us to keep you company. Wandered over from Mrs. G's and I'm happy to make your acquaintance!

Crystal Gable said...

Can I be your best friend? You quoted my favorite song in the universe AND a brownie recipe!?

Love ya.

Fannie said...

Came to say "hey" from over at Mrs. G's. Always like to read other folks keeping bitchy alive after forty!

Anonymous said...

I came here from the Manor to say thank you for Cary Grant and the brownies. Not to mention John Lennon. And I'm so glad to find another great new (to me) blog!

Becky at Farm School
http://farmschool.wordpress.com

Christa said...

Those brownies look perfect for taking the edge off of my PMS. They do that right?

KiKi said...

MMMMMMMMM. Brownies. I'll take some along with that apple bread. {DROOL}

Tootsie Farklepants said...

"Imagine" by John Lennon is probably my all time favorite song. And I bitch regularly on my blog. We're practically related!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Even if you're the only bitch in the room, you know you're not the only one in the blogosphere!

Jo said...

"Because that IS the reason I blog. To wrench crap out of my overly crowded brain,"

Brilliant! That is the only reason I blog too. It's fun, isn't it? And you're not the only bitch in the room. :-)

A's Mom said...

Yeah, Wenderina! Nobody likes to be the only bitch in the room! :)