Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Wow - I've been off line for a few days now...so a quick blog of random items.

Family came and went. Of the weekend, Friday was best day - and when I went to bed so happy to have had a laughter filled evening, hubby wisely said..."well, that was undoubtedly the high point...now we'll stare at each other for a couple more days..."

Performance anxiety. Today I had to give out three more evaluations. I wimped out a bit on the harsh criticism after last week. Funny how different the view is from either side of the evaluation form.

Rich woman-poor woman. I was wondering why my pocketbook felt so empty...then I reviewed all the stockpiled expense receipts in my bag and found I was owed $3800. I'm sure I'm actually owed more, but who can keep track of all those little expenses. As long as I get back the big bucks for the hotels and multi-person meals, I'm cool...and so is hubby to recoup those visa bills!

DVR overdrive. With all the hours we've been working our DVR is running near capacity. I foresee some marathons in my future. I think I can schedule something in on .... December 26?


BFF. How funny is it that Shari had to send me a specific note to let me know she gave me an award on her blog? My self-obsession must be slipping that I didn't even catch my own name in her post... Thanks Shari! As my hubby says, you are "cosmicly (comicly) linked" with me!

Overused phrases: I have to protest. I love a good trendy term as much as the next person, but this "That's how I roll" thing is getting out of hand. I don't think there is anywhere I haven't heard it. It reminds me of the old valley girl craze back when I was but a little chicky in highschool and I was taken with the "gag me with a spoon" phraseology. Ugh!

Too Many Acronyms. Okay, I work in a consulting firm that serves the government. I'm fully aware of the penchant for shortening everything to the simplest acronym. I find it particularly painful when the nicey-nice person who works with me and would NEVER swear in front of me...a GIRL... but often says NFW like we don't know there is a four-letter word in the middle. And I had just gotten used to LMAO and now there is LQTM. Thank god that Google can help me search out definitions for these. I wonder if we have the power to begin a new acronym here on my blog? One of my friend T's favorites is SFPs. Stupid Fucking People. Now that is an acronym worth using.

Last Random Thought. A tribute to my hubby (yet again) who not only cooked up a storm for a house full of my family this weekend, but he was patient and lovable host, photographer extraordinaire, and beer brewer professor all in one. Who could ask for more?

3 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

What a nice husband!

(I'm ignoring the part of your post about overly used catchphrases because I am ever so guilty of that all the time)

Jude said...

I ssecond the hubby praise!! he is a keeper!

A's Mom said...

And we had a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for everything! Can't wait to do it again... okay maybe not with so many people next time. (Sorry this post is a little late)