Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Apologies to Allergy Sufferers

...but this is such a great time of year!  Every April I say to Hubby, if and when we ever list this house for sale it MUST be in April.  And then, in my head, the song starts playing....

If ever I would leave you,
How could it be in spring-time?
Knowing how in spring I'm bewitched by you so?
Oh, no! not in spring-time!
Summer, winter or fall!
No, never could I leave you at all!

Gotta love Robert Goulet in your head.

In April, our yard brims with color and freshness - dogwoods in white and soft pink, bright pink flowering cherry and crab, fresh burgundy leaves on the japanese maple, brilliant yellow forsythia, stunning fuchsia azaleas, and soft green grass.  Even the scattering of dandelions seems more festive than frustrating at this time of year.

As I walked this morning, the landscaping crews were out in force in the neighborhood and the smell of fresh mown grass (one of the best scents in the world) was everywhere.  I really feel sorry for folks that have to greet this time of year with sneezing, coughing, sore throats, and headaches.  

Going outside and taking several deep breaths of fresh clean spring air, filled with sweet scents and a brilliant kaleidoscope of flowers in golden light is one of my greatest joys.

1 comment:

mybkexperience said...

I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
An excellent blog.
Great work!