Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Day - Blow by Blow

5:45 AM - ALARM ALARM ALARM (No f-ing way am I getting up)


6:30 AM - Hubby: "Weren't you getting up before me to get in early?"

6:45 AM - Hubby: "Hello??? Are you getting up?" (finally drag my ass up)

6:46 AM - CRAP - got my period today, cramps are starting...this should be a fun day.


7:15 AM - Hair Dryer Overheats (half my head still soaking wet)


7:45 AM - Finally out of house...MUST HAVE STARBUCKS

7:50 AM - 8:45 AM - Drive to work...average speed 15 miles per hour on 4 lane highway

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

8:45 AM - Realize B-berry signal was turned off since 8PM last night - have 75 emails to process before 10AM meeting....Good thing I stopped and got my caffeine fix.

10 AM - Meeting I have been having advance nightmares about begins...I am facilitator...All I can hear in my head is the Pepto Bismol song.

12:30 Noon - Meeting half over and not quite the disaster I anticipated. However, put 18 engineers in a room (at VP level mind you) and ask them to agree on anything... nuff said.

3:00 PM - Meeting concludes ONE HOUR EARLY! A first!!

4:00 PM - Start to process additional 200 emails that arrived while trapped in torture chamber (aka meeting) No major emergencies and one nice surprise - My first blog award!

5:30 PM - Still wrapping up, but ABSOLUTELY leaving work at 6PM, no exceptions (unless I keep blogging!)

All in all not the horrific day I anticipated...but there's still the ride home.

No comments: