Friday, September 28, 2007

Rock Garden, Anyone?


Today, for the first time in 2 months, I walked up to my front door. Normally, I drive around behind the house to park and come in the kitchen. The backyard is where everything happens in the summer. It's where we have our garage access, pool, shed, parking, etc. We never go in the front yard. So imagine my surprise when I discovered this:



In case you can't tell what it is, let me enlighten you...it is a 6.5 foot high dandelion. I swear. Have you ever even heard of such a thing?
It's true though...in the close up you can even see one of the dandelion heads, which has already sprayed its seed all over my yard.


This is an eye opening experience for me.

Now I have always known I am not a gardener. I love gardens, but I am not into all that maintenance and who the hell decided that weeds can be plucked out on a Sunday and be back in full size/bloom by Tuesday?

I'm all about letting nature take its course, but I think I went a bit far this time. Maybe its time to invest in that rock garden...

1 comment:

Mrs. Booms said...

Get out! That is the craziest thing I've ever seen and EXACTLY why my husband does all the gardening.