Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Sundays

My husband I and I suffer from a chronic case of the Sundays. This ailment can occur at any time between 6PM on Friday until 7AM Monday...but generally reaches peak effect sometime Sunday afternoon. It is the dreaded, "I don't WANT to go to work" whine that starts in your head and travels to the gut and back up again.

Sometimes we locate temporary cures for this - a house project helps; the rare Sunday night social plans; but most weekends it takes hold at some point and doesn't let go. It's not like we hate our jobs or anything - we actually kind of like our jobs - but we just don't want to do them...especially on Mondays.

"Why not?" you ask.

Are you for real??

Years ago, we were once again throwing money out the window buying lottery tickets. I know. I know. But well...we're human and that damn "you've got to be in it to win it" gets us once in a while. Our conversation that day went like this:

Hubby: Hey, Lottery is $50 Million! Sweet. Let's get some tickets.

Me: You know it!

Hubby: What would you do if we won??

Me: Um...well...quit my job...

Hubby: Duh. But what's your dream? What have you always, always, always wanted to do if you had the money.

Me: Um...I really don't know. How sad is it that I don't have a lottery dream????

Hubby: No sweat. I have enough dreams for the both of us.

How sweet is that??

Okay, another cure for the Sundays. Remember something sweet my husband has done or said. That ought to keep me going for quite a while.

No comments: