Friday, September 21, 2007

Blogging Fans & New Friends

I've made my first pure blogger connection. Does this qualify me as a truly global communicator? Okay, granted, I only made it as far as KC, but hey, it's still outside my normal travel zone.

To Shari (of KC fame) - you have added a new word to my repertoire (even my hubby loved it) - FANCRAPTASTIC. This has to be quite the signature word in your life, but I'm borrowing it and will always give you credit. Having you respond to my blog was a highlight during a highly stressful day today. I kept getting these little pop up mails indicating you had commented, and I was grateful you had fun viewing my anxieties and random thoughts (really, that reads sarcastic, but it's not!)

To my big sister J - heart of the family - you are welcome to my innermost thoughts (especially those I choose to post on the world-wide-web) and I hope it reduces the continental distance between NY and CA. Your wise words about being careful about what we put into print is so true. I'm going to wickedly enjoy that one posting on Lights On, Nobody Home for one more day and then will banish it from the site.

To wonderful, magical Kiki - welcome to my blogger world and what will hopefully expand our relationship beyond the bounds of work colleagues into true friends. I find you to be an exceptional person and look forward to knowing you (and your husband's travels through Qatar) a little better each week.

To my true soulmate and hubby - you were the first person I shared this blog with and I hope it adds a little quality time to our conversation time - which is so rare these days. Your new job, and my old one, are sucking a lot of time out right now (payback for that rare 2 week vacation we took) - so let's make sure we keep carving out time for one another, and when we can't quite do it - thanks for never giving me a guilt trip. (P.S. I don't know how my lady readers do what they do and kids too!)

To my inspiration - Amybow - you save my bacon and my mind nearly every day at work. I am actually jealous of LP since she keeps you out of office Mon and Fri, but since you stay within range of IM/email, I'm dealing.

To my dear friend SDS - the opposites in our lives are only surpassed by the strength of our linked hearts and minds. Every time I'm with you I learn something new about life, about logic, about heart, about balance, or so many other things. This is a value beyond words.

Okay, so it is 1:15Am and I got a little philosophical, sentimental, not to mention verbose. But I have to share one more thing. My Brother-in-Law - J's intrepid partner - arrived for a short visit today and fixed himself a cocktail after the long ride. This one was a new one on me. Jack Daniels Whiskey and Mountain Dew. (yes you read that right). So to you brother...I say, pour one more and let's "Dew Jack Shit".

2 comments:

Mrs. Booms said...

Dew Jack Shit! I love it. And you are welcome to use Fancraptastic. I also use freaking awesome a lot, which is really annoying to even me and makes me seem unintelligent.

I too, love when I get the pop up email, it makes my day, even if I can't fully understand why anyone would read my ramblings.

So now I'm going to suck down my diet coke... In THE MORNING no less and my third one so far. I have the luxury of getting out at noon every Friday because the partners set the hours of 8-6 M-Th and 8 - 12 on Fridays... Aren't they sweet?

KiKi said...

Thanks for the welcome - I feel honored and am delighted to share in anxious moments... though my hope is that thru this blog, you'll release some of that anxiety :)

You and AmyBow both write so well and make things sound so interesting that you're making me consider writing a blog of my own. But I'll only do it if I can have the "Lights On, Nobody Home" entry (hahahaha).

I also look forward to developing a true friendship - you're one of the few people (like AmyBow) with the ability to overlook my reclusiveness and recognize the reserved nature for what it really is: shyness, not snobbery.

YAY - lunch after Ramadan...