Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pre Thanksgiving Traffic

My friends and colleagues in commuting noted that Thanksgiving traffic no longer seems to be a Wednesday phenomenon. Now it begins at least on Tuesday. I received at least 3 calls from co-workers who left work before I did warning me of the parking lot that used by called Route 287.

I delayed departure hoping for an early die-off, but no luck. So, my blackberry came to my rescue. I did my favorite thing when I'm confronting found time and have no access to my usual vices (food, internet, books) - I called my big sister Jude. This works out well for those evening traffic situations since she is on the west coast, 3 hours earlier, AND she loves talking to me... SWEET!

We talked about the usual things - family, holidays, schedules, her frustration in searching for the right job, living far away from people she loves, and her recent success in securing a $6,000 grant from NASA for her class (she teaches school in CA) to compete in a robot building contest. Have I told you lately how amazing my sister is? Have I mentioned how she cares for everyone else first and herself last? Have I mentioned I got her to START A BLOG???

So everyone, quick, go on over and visit http://heyjudejude.blogspot.com and meet my awesome sister. And while you're at it, go on over and meet Jude's daughter http://searchingforanevenbalance.blogspot.com They are two of the best things that ever came from our gene pool and I love them both to death.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I'm going to hop over and visit her right now. I always wanted a sister.

KiKi said...

Kewl! So if they're as awesome as you then that makes three great things from you gene pool - I'm going to visit right now.