Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Public Displays of Affection (P-D-A)

A couple weeks ago, Haley put up a funny post on PDA. I was totally amused and create a rather inspired (if I do say so myself) comment. I told her one day when I needed a topic, I'd come back to steal it, so here we go.

In my opinion (and whose else really matters?) PDA is all about the fine line between sweet and sickening.

Acceptable PDA.
My husband's hand at the small of my back when we walk in a room.

Unacceptable PDA.
Hand on ass. Not cool.

Acceptable PDA.
A lingering glance - eye contact.

Unacceptable PDA.
A leer at my boobs.

Acceptable PDA.
Helping me with my coat and brushing my hair to the side of my face.

Unacceptable PDA.
Catching boobage on the coat change and then exclaiming "Woo Hoo!".

Acceptable PDA.
A sweet quick kiss.

Unacceptable PDA.
Tonsil hockey.

Men (and women) - do yourselves (and the rest of us) a favor and keep it subtle.

4 comments:

Mrs. Booms said...

I loved this as a comment too. My sister is the best. She is my best buddy. We went to Target Saturday night after dinner with my parents... and she was randomly dancing in the aisle when some lady just turned her head and caught my sister doing it.

It was common for Haley to do that, but the look on the lady's face, priceless.

Too bad you didn't live near us. You could so be our cool big sister. Instead, I have to be the cool big sister... and yeah, I said I'm cool... What of it?

Haley said...

You are totally cool and not a stalker!

And I vote that you could be our cool big sister, also!

And thanks for the shout-out on this blog! I knew it was only a matter of time before you used your PDA comment as a blog! Woo!

Catch Her in the Wry said...

Well, I want to know what your left hand is doing in that lower picture of you and your husband in the about me area.

Boogaloo Dude said...

I had a guy stick his tongue in my ear once. All I did was wish him a happy birthday! Gawd.